Breaking News
Loading...

Top 10 Beauty Mistakes That Even I Used To Do Also!


So I have been inspired by a few other beauties about beauty mistakes that I used to do a while back and even just recently found out and stopped but know that there are so many people out there who would like to know like tips on how to replaces old habits with the proper ways of treating your hair, skin, lips, and more. I had just been watching some videos and wanted to share the knowledge because even my brother in law was interested, for this to pertain to men and women everywhere I'm sure there are more of you beauties that would love to know also hope you enjoy!~BTB<3


(1) The beauty of your body from the inside out, what you put in your body matters in so many different ways! I changed my diet and started taking vitamins for over 2 years now and it truly makes the appearance from the outside, IN is amazing and brings out that true inner beauty. I eat all my fruits and veggies, I have eliminated processed dairy and all animal products out of my diet and I also take an extra Multi-Vitamin with 100% Vitamin E, 1 extra Vitamin C and Biotin. It is so important to make sure you maintain a balanced lifestyle.



(2) Lip lining with colors that don't match, or not blending to an ombre lip. This outlined lip looks so unfinished and I used to do this so the darker outer liner would give the illusion of bigger lips by creating a semi shadow. Actually blending is your key to a more finished ombre look, you can use a small stiffer brush or the end of your finger to blend out the liner half way down the lip and fill in the rest with your main color.



(3) Misusing a porse makeup sponge, many people include myself are just in a rush when doing makeup and don't replace sponges or use blotting sheets before pilling more powder on the face. So this sponge is soaking up all the excess oils that surface on the face and they are being put right back into the makeup and back on to your face and over time that oil builds and leaves a film on the makeup and the sponge. So always replace sponges, use blotting sheets to blot the oils off your face first will help or use a brush and keep your brushes clean for every use. This will help prevent bacteria from growing and causing any problems with the skin.



(4) Not sharpening your wooden liners enough, in other words if you use so much product getting all the way down to the wood and continuing to use on your eyes or lips and causing scratches and damage to the skin on the lips and eyelids. The lips and eyes are the most sensitive parts on the human body and so keeping your tools sharpened properly and not rubbing the wood across our skin will help you not cause damage to your skin.




(5) Pumping the mascara wand to 'mix' the formula is actually shortening the life of your mascaras. I actually just learned this and have recently stopped and noticed my mascara doesn't clump like it used to. It keeps its fresh and wet like the day you bought for months although my mascaras don't last long from me going through them so much but I wouldn't be able to keep a mascara for longer than a month then it would start to clump up and dry really fast. I came across some mascara 101s and realized I was making a huge mascara mistake.



(6) Using concealer that is one to two shades lighter than the actual skin tone to conceal will end up highlighting the parts your trying to cover up, doing the complete opposite of what you are trying to accomplish. What I would recommend doing is look at a color wheel and go for the opposite color that you are trying to cover up. For example I have little red scars, blemishes and some discoloration randomly throughout my face the color that works best to hide and truly conceal that redness is green I personally use and love the e.l.f. Studio HD Lifting Concealer in the color green, it works best for my skin tone some other people with darker skin may use red or if your skin has a yellow base then maybe purples will work for you. Once I blend the green on the parts I would like to conceal I go back over with my foundation and continue doing my usual makeup routine.


(7) Picking at the skin of chapped lips, not only does it cause damage to the lips it can also cause wrinkling through scaring when picked at. This was a horrible habit I had when my lips chapped of course no one likes dead skin to just chill on their lips so a way to help prevent chapped lips is to exfoliate with sugar and olive oil at least 2 or 3 times a week and wear chap stick when your not wearing lipstick and also putting some on before bed will help rejuvenate the lips and moisten them for the morning. Do NOT lick your lips when chapped that will only dehydrate the lips because our saliva soaks up all the moisture our lips pertain causing more chapping and pealing.


(8) Leaving on your face mask for too long, causes premature wrinkles, dryness and even pealing. You really want to read to instructions on the tube of your preferred mask, it usually says to wash off after 15 to 20 minutes. Now I make this mistake to this day sometimes just because life gets in the way and when your a parent you just don't have 20 minutes to watch the clock and make sure as soon as your mask is on the verge of drying to wash off real quick. But to wash it off in a timely manor is what is best for the skin, you can even see when it is drying because it changes color as it dries.


(9) Rat nest shampooing hair, as in taking all your hair and nesting it all together all rough and tangling. Just like anything else our hair can be damaged easily also and many people see it done in commercials and think its okay but it is actually breaking the hairs and tangling them together so its isn't easy to comb out.

(10) Last but not least combing through your hair in the shower will do more harm than good. I am pretty sure most of you enjoy taking a warm to hot shower getting it all steamy, well that causes the pores to open up in your scalp just like in your face. So when you brush through your hair with your fingers or a comb and wonder why a handful of hair is coming out too, your pores don't have a full grip with the hot steam. It is recommended that you wait until your hair is fully dry to start brushing or combing so it has the chance to gain that grip again. This is a mistake I made quite a bit mainly thinking it was because of my pregnancies, 'Oh I'm just pregnant I'll be loosing hair' no you loose some hair after but you aren't suppose to keep loosing hair and I recently watched a video from a beauty blogger that mentioned that combing through your hair was really bad and causes hair loss. You are actually supposed to take the tips of your fingers and lightly massage the scalp, then for the longer ends if you have longer hair take it to one side and lightly rub together with both hands (not tangling) just washing lightly.

I hope my lovely beauties find this helpful~BTB<3





About me

'I'm all about BEAUTY, anywhere from makeup, skin care, hair care & so much more, its a passion. I'd like to help you find in my opinion the best, of the latest products and even deals! I will soon be doing videos on my reviews on many different beauty products, to give you my best and HONEST guidance towards the perfect beauty. BaringTheBeauty is a young beauty enthusiast helping you embrace your true inner beauty through many different styles, products and techniques, that in do time we will show all you lovely beauties'~BTB♥




Links within post are monetized.

Blog Archive